Friday, January 23, 2009

I Chronicles 16:11

I Chronicles 16:11. "Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually."

I saw Dr. Humhrey"s, my urologist, yesterday and was given the approval that the kidney catheter could be taken out. Before the removal, a technician injected dye into the tube with the perfect result of the dye exiting from the kidney to the bladder. This also means that the stints are working. Now the next step is chemo. Dr Parapati has scheduled chemo to start next Friday, Jan 30 at 1:00pm. I will get two types of chemo and it will take about 4 to 5 hours for the infusions. On Saturday, I will need to go to the hospital and have an injection. I do not have the names of the chemo/shot but I will put this info in when I get it. I will go every 3 weeks. She said that typically, I should feel bad the 1st week, better the 2nd week, and good the 3rd week. My prayer is that I am NOT typical and that I feel good all 3 weeks!!!! Please pray for this, because I will need to go to work. Even though I work 4 hours (8a-12n) it is still hard to get up and function when not feeling well. I tollerated the last chemo very well, so I have no reason to believe that this prayer will not be answered. I know that last time, with prayer, I looked forward to chemo and was not afraid. I believe that chemo brings life because it kills the tumor. Since I now have to healthy kidneys to filter out the drugs, I look forward to the results!

Each 3 weeks is a cycle and I will have two cycles and the CAT scan will be repeated. Please pray that the tumor is gone/smaller and that my tumor level is down.

I told Dr. Parapati a few weeks ago that I was anxious to start chemo because I plan to have a great 2009. She looked at me with a rather sweet look but I know from where she stands, this is not what she would predict for me. She has told me that I cannot be cured, but my prayer is that with only a few rounds of chemo, I am indeed cured. I would rather boast that the Lord healed me than medicine and the best doctors. I want to be that miracle. (Thank you Lord, for healing me.)

No comments: