Monday, January 28, 2008

Phillippians 4:5-7

1/28/08
Phillippians 4:5-7. "The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

When you have chemo, the second or third day can be your worst. I felt good on Saturday but on Sunday started feeling symptons of fatigue and a queasy stomach. I had a slight pressure in my chest, which almost made me anxious when thinking of the heart spasm that I had last year which resulted in my stroke. Then I remembered what the Lord told me last week, that the chemo was for my good, to give me life. This was such a comfort to me, that I almost instantly felt a calmness and a feeling of well-being. Phil 4:5-7 is exactly what I experienced, we are told to not be anxious about anything, and let God's peace guard our hearts and minds.

No comments: