Monday, March 3, 2008

I John 5:4-5

3/3/08
I John 5:4-5. "For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Our faith overcomes the world. Faith is our assurance that God hears us and that whatever we experience in our life has his hand in it...that means everything! Some times this is difficult to comphrehend. But as our faith grows, and we see how God answers our prayers, we know that he hears us. This is when we have to stop struggling with our situations and just let Him take over. Easier said than done at times, but the reward is when we actually do this and we have His assurance.

I have been so blessed in this current trial of my health. I am doing very well with my chemo. I had a doctors appointment on Thursday of last week, and my tumor leval is dropping. It is now 5.6 which is a drop from January when it was 8.8. I have one more week of chemo then we wait a few weeks and I will have another cat scan. My doctor expects good news. We are looking for the tumor to shrink away from the area that it was attaching to so that surgery can be done. I will also need to have radiation on the area for about 5 weeks before surgery. I undestand why Mayo goes the extra mile, and I appreciate the care that is being given to me. I am having a very good experience in the mist of something that could be very scary. God's hand is surely on me!

No comments: