Friday, March 7, 2008

Isiah 40:31

3/7/08
Isiah 40:31. "they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

I love this verse from Isiah because we will become weary in this world, but God never does. He gives us His power and He increases our strength so that we can mount up with wings like eagles. Think about it. When we are in the mist of our problems, we can barely see light through the forest of trees. But if we consider that the eagle soars above the forest and looks down on it, we understand that God sees our problems from a different prospective. He sees a road that we cannot see or a refuge that we did not know is there. That is why we are told to "trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6.

My last chemo treatment is today. I give God all the glory for my health. I feel good and I look forward to today not forgetting that he assured me that I would go through this trial just fine, that it was for my healing.

No comments: