Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hebrews 4:16

Hebrews 4:16. "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

I had an EKG on Friday which revealed that I have fluid around my heart as well as some fluid in my lungs. I have never had fluid in my lungs but have had the fluid around my heart, which got better with medication. That was 4 years ago. This time, the doctor wants me to go the the hospital and have the fluid removed. I don't know the exact procedure but I do know that it is done with a needle to draw out the fluid. I am not sure how the fluid in the lungs is removed.

I will go to the emergency room today to check in but do not know when the procedure will be done. I was told to expect to be in the hospital for about 3 days.

An update on my intestinal surgery: The surgery was more complicated than expected. I was in the hospital for about 6 weeks. The doctors were unable to go through with the micro surgery because there was too much scar tissue, so they had to open up my long incision wound. A few days after surgery, I was back in again because I was not healing due to a leakage, so I was opened up again. Part of the first surgery was to bring out my intestion on the outside of my body and I wore a bag to collect the waste, this is called a stoma. This was to give my body a chance to rest, but this procedure did not work on me. My body was producing too much liquid and was causing me to become dehydrated. I should have had the stoma for a few months but instead my doctor made the decision to remove it, which meant that I had 3 surgery's in 6 weeks. I had been unable to eat due to the pain it caused. I lost about 25 pounds during that time and have gained back only a few pounds. I have lost my appetite and most foods do not taste good to me. I cannot imagine that this has happened to me because I love to eat!!

I am still in pain on a daily basis and take a time released pain medication plus additional stronger medication as needed. Since I am in such pain and need to gain weight, my chemo has been on hold since January. My last blood work showed that my tumor level is at 92, my highest ever and the small tumors in my lungs have gotten larger. I have 5 tumors that have grown. The same chemo that I have been getting also works on the lungs. I need to feel better so that I can go back to chemo. I would appreciate your prayers and thank you to those who pray for me daily.

Thank you, Lord, for healing me.


No comments: