Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Thessalonians 5:9

I Thessalonians 5:9. "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

First of all, a praise. I was in the hospital last weekend, facing a procedure that I was told was necessary, but was risky. No one wants a needle near the heart pulling out fluid. All I could do was trust in the Lord and I had to turn my fears over to him. My EKG on Friday showed a build-up of fluid and the doctor wanted me to go that very minute to the hospital for the procedure. I was not expecting that and asked the doctor if I could wait until Sunday. My son, Beau. was leaving on Saturday to go to New Zealand and I wanted to be with him until then. After promising that I would go immediately if I started feeling faint or dizzy, he agreed. Well. the ER doctor told me after a CAT scan that waiting was a good idea. He didn't see the need to rush. I had another EKG on Monday morning and the doctor was a little confused, he did not see an amazing amount of fluid that was there on Friday, some was there but not enough to have the procedure. I was released that afternoon with only 24 hours in the hospital!!

I had been overly anemic and required 4 bags of blood to bring up my red blood cells. (Thank you if you give blood, it really does save lives!) I was also given other nutrients and fluids. What a blessing!!!

Even though I should be healthier, I start chemo tomorrow, it will last for 2 hours and starts at 10:30 am.

Prayer requests:
1) That I will tolerate the chemo
2) That I do not loose more weight, this usually comes in the form of diarrhea
3) I would like to gain weight and need prayer to want to eat
4) I need to drink plenty of fluids, this can be hard
5) I still have pain from my surgery and now have fluid buildup in my ankles

Thank you for all your kind messages and support. It means so much to me!

Thank you, Lord, for healing me!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Holding warm thoughts for you today and always, Gwen.

Cindy