Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Luke 7:2-10

Luke 7:2-10,   "Now a centurion had a servant who was sick and at the point of death, who was highly valued by him.  When the centurion heard about Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews, asking him to come and heal his servant....and Jesus went with them.  When he was not far from the house , the centurion sent friends, saying to him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof......but say the word, and let my servant be healed.....When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him said, "I tell you, not even in Israel  have I found such faith."  And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the servant well."

There were may times in the new testament when Jesus healed the sick, he never passed by anyone who asked for his hand to heal, and in this story he responded by going to the house of the centurion.  He did not go all the way because the centurion said, through friends, that Jesus needed only to say the words and he knew his servant would be healed.  Jesus responded by immediately healing the servant.  This is the same Jesus that loves to heal us today.  When we ask, do we really believe?  We please him when we trust, by faith, that he will do good for us.

I had my oncology appointment with Dr. Parapati today.  It went well.  She said that the news about the surgery was not good because they  had hoped the surgery would bring me healing.  Since the cancer has spread she said that it cannot be cured but more chemo can hopefully keep in in control.  At least that is what they are thinking now.  I will not start chemo right away because I need time to heal from surgery as well as they want to see what will happen.  This approach concerned me because my thoughts were why not start chemo and not wait until it grows more.  From their viewpoint, chemo should be reserved for when it is necessary so that I do not build up any immunity to drugs that work for me now.  So, we wait another 6 to 8 weeks and repeat the CAT scan and go from there.

I feel good about this visit.  I am also regaining strength each day as well as having regained my faith that God has all this in control.  I feel your prayers and I want you to know how much this means to me.  The reason I chose the verse about faith in healing is that I feel the strength of the Lord in me and I trust him to heal me.  I am praying that the CAT scan will show no cancer in the weeks to come.  Again and again, I am reminded that God performs miracles.  I choose to believe that God's hand has/will touch me and heal me and this is why I tell him daily...."Lord, thank you for healing me."

No comments: