Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ephesians 3:14-21

Ephesians 3:14-21.  "for this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ my dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love, my have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
(And now comes the benediction) Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

My bible has titled the above verses PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL STRENGTH.  Paul is writing this letter to the Ephesians as he himself is going through one of his many trials.  Paul always gives God all the glory, knowing the grace that was extended to him from above. He is telling those who belong to Christ that we have God's strength inside us in the form of the Holy Spirit, and that this power will strengthen our Spirit so that we can comprehend the full depth of Gods love for us. I love the benediction.  I can imagine Paul talking to the early Christians, extending a blessing as he holds his hand out over the people, and praying over them, as God surely does today, reminding us that He is able to do far more abundantly than anything we can ask or think, according to the power that lives within us. I love the ending...in Christ Jesus throughout all generations....forever and ever.  Amen.  No commas.  This is done. Period.  Forever and ever.

I have avoided writing in my blog this week, because I have had a few things to think through. It has been tough to face a situation that I thought was almost over and to find out it did not go as planned.  At least not planned by me. Guess I like to be in control more that I realized.  I know that I have given God all the glory, but I don't think I have given him my life.  I realize that I have been trying to hold on tight to something that is not mine in the first place. My life belongs to my Saviour who gave his life for mine.  That is what the cross is all about and this is the quiet voice of reminder that I have been listening to all week.  

I have been talking to friends and being reassured that I have not been unfaithful.  This is the last thing that I would want to happen.  I am not saying that I feel God is requiring my life in the near future but that I want to be ready when He does.  

It is amazing the prayer support that I have.  Thank you one and all.  May God richly bless you for your prayers and petitions.

 

1 comment:

Kathy Hanson said...

Let this passage be in our hearts every day! Your words remind me of one of my favorite heroines - Cory Ten Boom... Words of truth.