Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Psalm 121

Psalm 121. "I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved: he who keeps you will not slumber nor sleep.  The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand.  The sun will not strike you by day not the moon by night.  The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.  The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore."

The Lord is my keeper, he keeps me in all circumstances, good or bad.    Yes, I was disappointed about the results yesterday, ,but after speaking to the doctors I can see their wisdom.  I was told that all tumors could not be removed without some potential problems.  Dr Heppell said that this type of cancer is not curable but is treatable.  He also added that there could be a miracle.  This is what I believe.  I am in God's hands now, it is his choice.  Sometimes he heals, sometimes he increases our faith, either way he will keep my life.

I will have chemo as soon as I heal.  I have been blessed with easy chemo before and I can only believe that this will happen again.

Thank you for your prayers and support.  I am blessed.

4 comments:

angela digby said...

Hi Gwen this is Angela..I love you so much and you are in my heart and prayers..you are in gods hands..Deb also sends her love and Nancy as well and everyone

Virginia said...

Hello Gwen:
Even though you don't know me, you are in my daily prayers. I am a friend of your sister, Barbara. She loves you dearly.
I am glad to see that you have a deep faith in God. There's a saying that goes: "If He brought you to it, He will get you through it."
Virginia

Randi said...

Hi Gwen - I just wanted to thank you for being such an amazing godly example in my life and so many other lives. Your quiet, godly strength is such an inspiration. You're love for your boys and for their friends has shown through out the years. I will be praying for you and for your family. In Christ's love - Randi Eshelman

Anonymous said...

Gwen, Barbara called to tell me of the challenges you are facing. I'm sorry you are having to go through all this. It is awesome to know we never face things alone. After we hung up I called our church prayer chain. We have many faithful prayer warriors lifting you and your family up to God right now. Now that I've found your blog, I'll be checking to see how you are doing! Take care, Cynthia Sample