Thursday, July 17, 2008

Romans 8:31-32

Romans 8:31-32.  ".....If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Verse 35:"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine or nakedness, or danger or sword?...."

I met with my surgeon, Dr Heppell, again today.  Once again, he went over what to expect.  He is preparing me for the idea that I may loose my right kidney as a result of the location of the tumor.  The surgeons agree that loosing the kidney would be better than having a urthera that was scarred or damaged.  I am blessed to have a very healthy left kidney and the more I talk to other people about having one kidney, the more assured I feel. I was told that my surgery would start first thing the morning of July 29.  I will need to report to the hospital at 5:30 am and surgery at 7:30 am.  This will be a long surgery.  Maybe 7 hours or longer.  In Dr. Heppells words, "we will take as long as it needs and not be in a hurry".

In preparation for surgery, I will need to stop taking my blood thinning medication 5 days before and then start giving myself shots twice daily that will take the place of the coumadin. Ouch!!! I have a class on the 21st, so that I can learn how to give myself a shot.  That makes me feel weak at the knees.  Surgery...fine....shots...bad!!!!  Dr Heppel joked today that I would not make a good drug addict.  He could not be more correct!!

Many of you are asking how to pray for me.  Please cover me with your prayers. Pray as you are lead to pray.  Even though I am not frightened about the surgery, I know that Satan will do everything in his power to cause me to doubt.  I want to give God all the glory and  to run with endurance the race that is set before me. (Hebrews 12:1)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Gwen,
My prayers are with you. Be strong in your faith and God will see you through.

Tracy Mahoney