Monday, July 28, 2008

Matthew 6:34

Matthew 6:34.  "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.   Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

My surgery is tomorrow, or today if you are reading this on Tuesday.  This is the day I have been waiting for, the day that I have been thanking the Lord for since December.  This is the path for healing that has been chosen for me.  The Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6:10 says, "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."  His will....  that is what this is all about.  It is not for me to question him, just accept that he is in control.  I have no doubt that there will be 5 surgeons in the operating room, the 4 that has been appointed to operate on me, and the 5th is the Lord, who is the ultimate healer and physician. 

I have done everything that has been asked of me, beginning with chemo.  I have not skipped one doctors appointment or lab schedule. I have had all the scans and radiation.  I have completed all the shots and the cleanse for surgery.  I am ready, packed for the hospital, and finally writing this blog just to let you know that I am well.  There is a wonderful hymn that says..."It is well with my soul."  That is what peace is...being well with my circumstances.

I thank you for your prayers and look forward to writing again soon.  I have asked Beau to write for me during surgery and afterwards, but I will be back as soon as I am able.

No comments: