Saturday, September 11, 2010

Romans 8:27-28

Romans 8:27-28. "And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."

All things work together for good. What a bold statement. Does pain work together for good? Does affliction work together for good? Does cancer work together for good? Yes, absolutely it does. Without coming to the end of our strength can we ever fully understand the strength of the Lord. His almighty strength is never ending and is new every morning. There is no other place I would rather be.
I was in extreme pain Thursday night, and was welcoming surgery if it would take away the pain. Funny thing, thought, surgery was the last thing that I had wanted last week, but I was now at the end of my endurance to this pain, so I welcomed the surgery. Funny thing happened on the way to preparing for surgery, the surgeon said that he would like to try a few days of resting my intestine to see if it would relax and repair itself. He said that upon review of the CT scan, there was concern that surgery for me would become a major surgery. You see, the intestinal scar is in the same area as my tumor and stints and also where a fistula has formed, which is a hole or tear near my right kidney (probably as as result of chemo). For me, this surgery could have a negative impact and cause more problems. I am thankful for a wise surgeon, I do not know if he is a Christian, but he did mention God in talking with me.
So, less that 12 hours after his decision not to do surgery, my intestine has unblocked. I have not seen the surgeon today and am not sure of the next steps in my recovery, but I think he said we would take things much slower this time. I am on intravenous fluids for nutrition which could last a few days, then a soft diet.
Thank you for your prayers. Our God is a Great an Merciful Father.

No comments: