Sunday, September 5, 2010

Psalm 103:1-4

Psalms 103:1-4 . Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

This has not turned out to be the Labor Day Weekend I had planned. I am in the Mayo hospital. I went to the emergency room last night because my right side was extremely tender and my stomach was hurting. I could not keep anything down. My concern was that I was having problems with my stints. But that was not the case. I was given a CAT scan and a blockage in my intestine was found. The doctors have since said that a blockage can be the result of scar tissue that forms after surgery. Even though my surgery was 3 1/2 years ago, it could be the cause of the problem. I have a tube down my nose/throat that is pulling out the contents of my stomach and intestine up to the blockage. The hope is that this will give the area relief and that the problem will correct itself and open up the intestine and in 24-48 hours I will be fine. Of course this is the prayer because if this does not happen, I will need surgery. I don't need to say why surgery is not an option in my book.

I appreciate all your prayers. The tube is very uncomfortable and it making my throat sore but it is the means to my healing. Please pray that the time will pass quickly and that I can leave the hospital as planned.

No comments: