Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2 Corninthians 1:3-4

2 Corinthians 1:3-4. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

No matter what I go through in this life, God will comfort me, and use this so that I can comfort someone else going through tough times. He has given me a voice for anyone who experiences cancer. Who better to offer encouragement than someone that has gone through the same thing? I pray that God will use me in someone else's life. I would consider it a great honor.

I have not written anything for over a week. With me, not writing can be a good thing, this means that I have been doing good. I had chemo this past Monday.....only one more to go...which is next Monday. My last radiation is Friday May 23. I asked for Sandy for my lab work, and she was wonderful....again...how amazing that something that I dread is made easy when you have someone to trust and who cares that you are well taken care of.

I saw Dr Parapati on Friday, and my blood work looks good. I told her about the lump in my mouth and she said that she was not concerned that it was cancer but she wanted me to get an oral surgeon to check it out. I had the appointment today and he is scheduling me for an office visit so he can remove the lump. He believes it is not a tumor but also said that with my history it is a concern. Not sure when this will be, but I know that I need to finish chemo first.

Last week I mentioned a man that was having a difficult time with radiaton. Last week it didn't look very good for him, but his wife told me yesterday that the tumor is shrinking and that he is being scheduled for chemo...which was not an option last week. They are strong Christians and have many people praying for him. His name is Doug and her name is Linda. I know they would be very grateful for your prayers , also.

I hope each of you are doing well....always share your needs so that others can pray for you. I thank God for each of you who encourage me greatly with all your prayers.

No comments: