Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Psalm 18:6

Psalm 18:6. "In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears."

How many times have you heard this.....the Lord is so good....he understands our weakness and gives us what we need to get us through our situations. I prayed for relief yesterday for the lab work and chemo because of the needle that gave me great pain last week. God answered my prayers by sending a sweet nurse by the name of Sandy who understood my concern and was able to even use the vein in my left hand to draw blood for the lab work...and it did not hurt. She even told me to ask for her the next two weeks. She used a small needle, which the chemo nurse cannot use so this left my right arm available for chemo, which went very well.

I am half-way through my treatments. I have noticed that the chemo is again causing a dryness to my skin that results in cracks on my hands. Lotion does not seem to help much. I also have a redness on my eyelids that seems like a reaction to makeup but is probably part of the rash. This is so small compared to how bad it really could be. I met a man yesterday who was in great pain due to his cancer and is waiting for chemo. I have so much to be thankful for and nothing to regret.

Thank you for all your prayers.

1 comment:

Kathy Hanson said...

I'm so grateful that the Lord sent you a skillful, gentle nurse. Praise the Lord for Sandi. I was reading last week's blog saying that fatigue is a common side-effect, so i'm glad you're able to get the good afternoon siestas.
Love, Kathy