Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Corinthians 7:17

I Corinthians 7:17.  "...let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him."

I thank the Lord for the life He has given me, especially the cancer.  I can only take the view that it has strengthened me in my faith and deepened my relationship with Him.  I know without a doubt that I am not alone in this journey, and that I am loved more than I can ever imagine.  As I write this, I feel Him with me now.  Praise God!  He gets all the glory!

I had a follow-up appointment this week with Dr Deleeuw, the oral surgeon.  The lump turned out to be a benign mucus-filled cyst consistent with mucocele.  In other words, I bit my cheek and it became infected.  Who knew this could happen!

I am scheduled to have the cat scan on Monday June 23 and the pet scan on Wednesday June 25.  Then I see the radiology oncologist, Dr Callister and the oncologist Dr Parapatti on Thursday.  Get this!  I wrote a few months back that I had met with the surgeon, Dr Heppell and did not like him AT ALL , but that he did come highly recommended.  Guess who is on vacation the month of July?  Is this God's timing or better yet, his sense of humor!  I had a feeling that he was not the best doctor for me but I also wanted to go with my oncologists viewpoint. I don't think that my surgery will wait on him.  Interesting!  Guess my comment to him that he was a "bad news bear" was rather funny after all!  Also, I would guess that he has never been called this to his face by a patient in his life!

I ask your prayers for these scans.  My surgery depends of the outcome of what the scans show. I pray that the scans will show the tumors have shrunk considerably and that it will be a routine surgery to remove all traces of the tumors and that the radiation will forever remove cancer from my body. I also pray that there is nothing new and that the tiny shadow on my lung has not gotten larger but is actually nothing. I have been thanking the Lord for healing me. I look forward to hearing the good news!


No comments: