Sunday, June 22, 2008

Romans 8:27-28

Romans 8:27-28. "......the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose".

All things work together for good.  Even cancer.  I thank God for this cancer because this is the journey He has allowed for me at this time in my life.  I have learned to trust Him and to encourage and be encouraged by other people.  Paul writes in the beginning of Romans 1:11-12 "For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you-that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine." I am so blessed when I see someone that I don't see often and they say to me that they have been praying for me.  This happened yesterday and I would not have had any idea that this precious person was praying for "me", but she is and there are so many more like her.  Prayer is God's gift to us.  We must always take the time to pray for others in need.  Who knows, someday we may need prayer ourselves and we will understand how important this gift really is!!  Thank you for your prayers!!!

I have my CAT scan tomorrow at 12:30, the PET Scan on Wednesday, and I see my oncology doctors on Thursday to find out the results and discuss time-line for surgery.  I have a simple prayer and that is I want to hear the doctors tell me that the scans could not look better, and that the surgery should not be complicated.  Hopefully that is not too much to ask since I have been thanking God from the beginning for healing me.

1 comment:

Kathy Hanson said...

It is so hugely apparent that you are learning a ton about trusting the Lord, encouraging others, and truly receiving the encouragement that others offer... like the unexpected friend who has been praying for you.

You are a blessing and an example to me, my friend! Thank you.
Kathy