Thursday, June 26, 2008

Psalm 20:1-4

Psalm 20:1-4.  "May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!  May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!  May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion!  May he remember all  your offerings and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices!  May he grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans!"

I just got home from Mayo after seeing Dr Callister and Dr Parapati.  It has taken me time to digest the results of the scans.  At first, I was disappointed because one of the tumors is still active and is the one closest to the urethra.  But is it small, the size of a marble, and even tho it has increased slightly in size it has decreased in intensity.  What ever that means.  As you know, I was only thinking the best..no active tumors.  However, the largest tumor is not active and has died. Hurrah! Both doctors agree that surgery can be successful and that I can become cancer free with this surgery.  So, what am I thinking?  I am blessed because my cancer has not spread to any other part of my body, I am blessed that the largest tumor has died, I am blessed that surgery and radiation will remove this cancer, and I am blessed that the area on my lungs does not show cancer.  I have always known that I would have surgery.  So, nothing has changed, we are still on tract.

Of course, there is risk with any surgery, which I will not go into now.  I will hear enough of this when I see my surgeon, better known as the "Bad News Bear."  Yes, looks like I will have him after all.  He may be the best, so I will just have to get used to the idea!

Thank you for your prayers!  I love all of you and thank the Lord that he has given me such wonderful friends and family!!

No comments: