Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ephesians 6:10-12

Ephesians 6:10-12. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

Yesterday reminded me that I have let my guard down against spiritual forces that would love me to loose my faith. When this happens, it actually makes me stronger. Yes, I can get down and feel overwhelmed but this happens when I try to do it with my strength, but when I rely on the strength of the Lord, I know that He stands in front of me and becomes my armor. The above verse goes on to say that we are to put on the brestplate of righteousness, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the helment of salvation, and we carry the shield of faith, which is the word of God, and the sword of the Spirit. This is why we are to read God's word, and put it to memory, so that when trouble comes...and it will....we have the whold armor of God to withstand all the schemes of the devil. My former pastor said many times that this was the most misunderstood verse in the bible. People that do not know the Lord would think that this is a cosmic type of Star Wars, not realizing that this is the truth. Satan is real and should be taken as such, but God is much bigger and has all of this figured out. We must keep the end in mind, knowing that Jesus will return and Satan will be defeated, but knowing the end, we know that this has already happened.

My chemo went very good yesterday. I have no nausea which is likely to happen, but I have been spared this in the past, and hopefully in the future. I start radiation for real today.
The doctors visit went really good as well. I told her about the surgeon and the fact that I was not pleased with him. She said that she would speak to the head of chemo to ask what we can do. She was not overly concerned about the lump in my cheek because there are no lypmh nodes in the cheek, but she will find out what we can do if it does not change. The small spot on the CAT scan will be used as a marker for the next scan. They can track it and will look for any changes next time.

Thank you for your prayer support.

No comments: