Monday, April 21, 2008

I Peter 5:6-9

I Peter 5:6-9.  "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  Be sober-minded; be watchful.  Your adversary the devil prowls around seeking someone to devour.  Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world."

I need your prayers today.  I was beginning to feel spiritually weak today until I reached out to my sister, who reminded me that I am almost at the end of my final journey to health that the Lord assured me would come.  I stopped doing the things that kept me spiritually strong.  I stopped asking for prayer and was not praying for myself.   I have allowed  doubt to come into my thoughts.  I have also become weary of the doctors appointments and the waiting As I have said to others, he is probably brilliant, but on our meeting the first thing out his mouth was,  "Are you aware that you could loose a kidney as a result of this operation?"  Then he went on to a laundry list of bad things that COULD happen.  I don't want someone like him talking to my family or to me if something should happen.....maybe he is wonderful, but I am asking for another surgeon and will only keep him if the comes highly recommended.  This was probably the beginning of my doubt, but all the other doctors have been encouraging, I need my surgeon to also be the same. I meet with a counter-part to Dr Parapatti today and will ask her what we can do about this.

Today is the beginning of the road to surgery that started with a "dry run" of my radiology appointment.  I start tomorrow with the real thing that will last daily (monday-friday) for 5 weeks.  I also start chemo today, appointment is at 4:30, which will be once a week, I think for 5 weeks also.

Another doubt for my health is a lump in my mouth which I noticed a few days ago.  Maybe I bit my inner cheek, but when you have cancer, everything is a worry.  I also was told that I have a very very small spot on my lung which could be nothing as well.  I have a lot of questions for the doctor today but the most important thing that I can request of anyone reading this blog is to pray for me.  

The devil is absolutely looking for someone to devour, but he cannot touch those who are lifted up in prayer, so I need your prayers, and thank you for standing in the gap for me.


1 comment:

JP said...

1 Peter 5:6-7 has been a great comfort for me this year, as it is my senior year in high school. My best friend quoted these verses to me a while back, when my parents split up, and since then I've quoted them back to that friend several times thoughout his own struggles. Its amazing how BIG God is, that he's able to speak to a multitude of people through verses like these... and its comforting to know that we, as Christians, are not alone in our struggles.

I'll be praying for you. :]