Friday, February 8, 2008

Phil 4:13

2/8/08
Phil 4:13. "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Dr. Parapati and I were talking yesterday about my progress. She was very encouraged by my INR level ( I think I have that right) This is a blood test that measures the level of tumor activity in the body. She said that I am "trending down" from 8.8 to 5.5. (Thank you, Lord, for healing me). I have chemo today but will skip next week and then resume for 3 more weeks on Feb 22. A cat scan will be repeated the week of March 19th. It is not sure now if I will need to repeat this 7 week session of 3 weeks, 1 off, 3 weeks on.

Anyway, when she gave me my results, I said to her, "Dr Parapati, I have so many people praying for me, I know this has made a huge difference." She said that believing in a higher power has been known to help many people, and she has seen this in her practice many times. I told her that when I have chemo, I am relaxed and take a nap and just don't worry about what is going on. She had a slight look of amazement on her face. She must see so much fear and panic that my attitude is different. I hope that I have many opportunities to share my faith with her.

She also reconfirmed that the rash on my face is good!!!

No comments: