Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Psalm 103:1-5

2/13/08
Psalm 103:1-5. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all you iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

I had an appointment with a cardiologist yesterday at Mayo. He reviewed my health record for the past year and the results of my recent echo. He said that my heart has returned to normal capacity, which is very good, but he cannot explain why I still have some fluid around the heart. He ordered some blood tests and will ask Dr Parapati to also focus on the heart when I have my next cat scan. I will have a follow-up visit in a few months with him.

I have been a bit uncomfortable the past few days with stomach cramps, and shall I admit it, diarrhea. It is definately the chemo doing it's wicked thing. I let the doctor know and they are watching my blood levels which can tell them is something is really wrong. I also have trouble sleeping, which is unusual for me. My rash/acne is coming along just fine. My nose is beginning to look like a tulip bulb. I may regret saying that I welcome the rash even though it is an indicator that the tumor infusion is working.

No comments: