Monday, February 11, 2008

Psalm 146:1-2

2/11/08
Psalm 146:1-2. "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."

I am thankful for so many things. The Lord is my helper and he lifts my head when I am down. I cannot forget to praise him in the mist of my current situation. He enables me to look beyond my circumstances to the prefect end that he has already set in motion for me. It is real and exists in the future for me by my God who hears my prayers.

There is a perfect example of praise in Luke 17:11-19. Jesus was on his way to Jersalem, and as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers and they all cried out to him for mercy. When he saw them, he said that they should go and show themselves to the priests...and a miracle occured...and it is recorded in this passage, "and as they went they were cleansed. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks. Then Jesus answered, were there not ten cleansed?Where are the nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner? And he said to him, Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."

This man turned back to give praise, he was the only one. We can all learn from this. When we see God's hand in our life, we need to show our thanks. I for one do not want to be seen as one of the nine that took God's healing for granted.

Thank you, Lord, for healing me!

No comments: