Friday, February 15, 2008

Proverbs 3:5-6

2/15/08
Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on you own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths".

How many times in life do I think I know what is best for me, and then find out something totally different? The answer is obvious..... all the time. I have been saying that my prayer is that the tumor will totally shrink so that surgery is not necessary. I have found out that this may not be the best option for me. I had an appointment with the radiologist yesterday to discuss my treatment. He showed me the cat scan with the area of concern, and explained the process of radiation and surgery. He said that Mayo approaches cancer more agressively than most hospitals. They start with chemo, then radiation, then surgery combined with direct radiation to the area. After chemo, then I will have daily radiation for 5 weeks, then surgery about 3 weeks later. He said that this is the treatment no manner if the tumor completely shrinks or not. It is best if it shrinks, but it appears that my surgery last year left a cell or cells that grew in the same area. This form of treatment will do all possible to erase cancer from my body. I have a long road ahead of me but as Proverbs 3:6 says, "he will make straight your paths."

No comments: